1. Magazine clippings.
I love taking a beautiful magazine and decimating it. I sacrificed this christmas issue of Chatelaine (my mom’s) and now I have tons of clippings for my bulletin board and my walls. Doing this was so relaxing.
2. My hair.
Homigod I love my hair right now. I love my bangs. I love how my hair is kind of wavy-twirly at the end. I can’t believe it does that all on its own. I love that I don’t need to use any kinds of products on my hair at all. Not even shampoo. (I use baking soda every few weeks if I feel like I want to get extra oil out. Did you know that hair self-cleans if you let it do its own thing? It’s true. You probably don’t need shampoo.) I love that I cut my own hair as well.
3. Foggy mornings in the city.
4. A surprise present from Xerox on my desk at work?! (We had some business letters printed through them.)
CMYK Chocolates!!!! (I donated them to the communal snack pile since they probably weren’t vegan, but I totally appreciated the gesture and the reference.)
5. Finding a dollar on my way home.
6. Beautiful glowing flower-like lawn ornaments.
7. Sailor moon’s transformation music.
Even though I was never really much into sailor moon when I was a kid, listening to this sends me off to lala- land. It feels like magic, it feels like building excitement, it feels like both femininity and power. I like the digital fluttery parts it has in it.
8. My tumblr archive page. Can you tell I like pink?
9. This book, The Time Traveler’s Wife. I never pick up romance novels on my own initiative, but my best friend Heather recommended this to me and lent me her copy. So good. Written extremely well, the whole time traveling thing keeps it interesting. It’s one of those books that is unrealistic with the big ideas but realistic with the details. And there’s just something about hetero-romance… So familiar, so Disney.
10. These wigs from MintyMix.
I cant decide which one I like better, they are both gorgeous. Seriously tempted, even though the one time I tried on a wig it felt extremely awkward. But the idea of being able to instantly change my hair is appealing!